Howe Corporation manufactures the Rapid Freeze® line of flake-ice machines ranging in size from 1,000 pounds per day up through 20,000 pounds per day. This line of ice machines was specifically designed for food-cooling applications. Our flakers are available as a split-system configuration, (ice flaker and matching condensing unit) as well as remote low sides (to be connected to your refrigeration system).
All models can be designed to operate on R-404A, and remote low side (RLE & RL) models are also available for operating with virtually any refrigerant including ammonia, or secondary coolants like CO2, or secondary coolants.
Features and Benefits:
All welded one piece cylindrical stationary vertical evaporator -- Requires no refrigeration seals. Permits the greatest amount of ice-making surface.
Open style evaporator -- Allows ice to be harvested by gravity, reducing stress on bearings and gearboxes to extend operating life.
Only one moving evaporator part - Simple design drastically reduces service costs and downtime.
25-year evaporator surface warranty -- longest flake-ice machine warranty in the industry.
Investment cast stainless steel ice-harvesting blade -- Holds precision tight tolerances and sharpness. Extremely long service life.
Oversized diameter shaft bearings -- Results in trouble-free, long lasting operation.
High efficiency -- Most energy efficient flaker in the industry. Converts 100% of water to super cold, dry, sub cooled flake ice.
Water Squeegee -- Wipes ice surface of water to assure that only dry ice is harvested. (2000 pound capacity and larger)
Flexibility -- Rapid Freeze® flakers are available in a variety of refrigerants, electrical options, condenser configurations, applications and models to make ice from freshwater or seawater.
Direct drive motor - Eliminates linkage problems in chain-drive and belt-drive systems.
Howe Corporation is proud to offer to our customers products that have earned the government's ENERGY STAR® label.
As an ENERGY STAR® PARTNER, Howe Corporation offers several ENERGY STAR-qualified Rapid Freeze® flake-ice machines that set the standard for energy efficiency, water conservation and longer, trouble-free ...
(4) Modular remote low-side, split, air-cooled flake-ice machines In a rare combination of simplicity, functionality, and afford-ability, Howe’s Rapid Freeze® Ice Flaker has earned its reputation as the world’s best value in ice equipment. Arguably superior to any competing brand, Rapid Freeze® features a unique warranty of 25 years covering the evaporator, 10 years for the ice blade and 2 years on parts. At the heart of this reliable industrial grade ice flaker is a sophisticated design with only one moving part. Durable components are constructed of high-strength, light-weight, corrosion-resistant materials for years of trouble free service. THe Howe Rapid Freeze® cylindrical shape evaporator is the ...
(16) Modular remote low-side, selective purpose, air-cooled flake-ice machines The Rapid Freeze® model 51-RL, 76-RL, 101-RL ice flakers, with capacity from 5 tons up through 10 tons per day, available as low side only, to be connected to a central refrigeration system, or as a split-system, with matcing outdoor air-cooled condensing units. Our flakers feature unexcelled quality, reliability, and long life. These models are durable, energy efficient and provide a high degree of flexibility to a wide diversity of industrial applications.
Modular remote low-side, flake-ice machine models for use with secondary, as well as subcritical and trans-critical DX CO2 systems. Howe DX models for low temperature subcritical and transcritical CO2 systems include EEPR valve, EEV valve, transducers and controllers. All components are installed, piped & wired, inclusive to the flaker, allowing for operation on any CO2 rack or rack controller.
Installation couldn't be simpler. Provide power and water connections to the flaker, as well as liquid and suction connections from the rack for easy trouble free installation.
(34) Modular remote low-side flake-ice machines The Rapid Freeze® ammonia model ice flakers feature unexcelled quality, reliability, and long life. Models available for use with re-circulated ammonia systems, as well as flooded (high pressure) ammonia systems. They are durable, energy efficient and provides a high degree of flexibility to a wide diversity of industrial applications.
(6) Modular remote low-side, freshwater or seawater flake-ice machines The Rapid Freeze® shipboard model ice flakers feature unexcelled quality, reliability, and long life. We offer models from 2,000 pounds up through 6,000 pounds per day. Models available for freshwater ice as well as seawater ice. All our shipboard models are durable, energy efficient and provide a high degree of flexibility to a wide diversity of shipboard applications. Shipboard seawater cooled condensing units are also available designed to match perfectly with our shipboard ice flakers.
(5) Secondary refrigerant (glycol) Rapid Freeze ice flaker The Howe Rapid Freeze® model RLG ice flaker features unexcelled quality, reliability, and long life. They are durable, energy efficient and provide a high degree of flexibility to a wide diversity of industrial applications.